Thursday, May 2, 2013

Changes...


I used to enjoy change.  I enjoy moving our furniture around for a new look.  I enjoy painting a room a new color.  I enjoy designing new garden areas in our yard and changing things around.  I cannot however, say I enjoy the changes happening in my life these last few years.  I know the Lord promises that it is all for good for those who love Him.  I must continue to keep my eyes fixed on Him and His purpose in all of these changes, for my good and His glory.

The list of changes in this new life without my dear husband continues to grow.  The latest anticipated change stirs the most anxiety and fear deep within my soul so far.  Of course this anticipated change requires additional decisions.  The magnitude of these decisions and changes will take me on yet another new path.  This morning I cannot say that I am ready to face these changes and would much prefer to cover my head and hide under the warm security of my blankets.  Maybe then I would not have to make these decisions or changes and it would all just go away.  Oh how much easier if it could be so simple~

I find the older I get the less I enjoy change.  I expect that this is common as we grow old.  There is a certain degree of security in things staying the same; always knowing when you wake up each morning certain things will be the same as they were yesterday.  I have met this morning with uncertainty and apprehension.  Will the decisions I make today be the right decisions for me tomorrow.  My dear husband would know; my dear husband would know...

The Lord has promised that He is now my husband.  He is husband to the widow and father to the fatherless.  I must continue to put my trust in the Lord and His Will for my life.  I can draw strength, confidence and courage that He will direct my path according to his promises and Will.  Now....to take that first step....

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6  (kjv)

"Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord unto me"...

No comments:

Post a Comment