Monday, January 25, 2016

Spreading My Wings

I would like to think that is what I am about to do!  Actually, I'd like to tuck those wings and curl up on the sofa and stay where I am.  Where I feel safe and secure; where everything remains familiar, surrounded by those I love and who love me.  It is not to be!

In a few hours the silence of the night will be broken far too soon with a flurry of activity by helpful dear friends gathered together for one purpose.  To move all I own from one house to another. The packing is finally coming to an end.  Yes, I am moving today; beginning a new life in a new home.

I can't fully grasp the result of my most recent decisions, agreeing to sell my home and find another one in a very short time in the middle of winter.  Many have prayed for me through this process of finding the home the Lord has for me and I am so humbled and thankful for the care, concern and remembrance of me.  It has been one of the most difficult experiences of my life. The pain of loss has returned with a vengeance, gripping me from deep within my soul and doesn't let go! Not just the loss of my sweet husband but the loss of my life; the life I knew. The life I understood.  The life I loved! I am leaving behind the last tangible connection to my life with my sweet husband.  The pain is indescribable!  As I anticipate the arrival of those who will move me to the new house I am almost panic stricken and want to tell them not to come, but my house is sold and I must go. I MUST GO!  I must go...There is no turning back now.

Although I had planned to stay in my "neighborhood", the Lord had other plans for me and I'll be moving to a new area I've never lived in or known much about.  My prayer is for the Lord to continue to use me for His Glory wherever I am.  He knows the plans He has made for me and I trust in His care.  He has prepared the way and He will lead me as He always has.  He has always protected me and will continue to do so now.  He promised.  Praise the Lord for His Goodness and Perfect Will! Praise the Lord for giving me wings like an eagles so that I will be able to learn to fly!

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31


Blessings for new beginnings!


3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, Diane. I pray that you will follow God's lead and be blessed in your new home. Isaiah 40:31 is averse I claim all the time. Blessings to you. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never leave your sweet husband. Best of luck during this challenging transition. May you be happily surprised by the change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious testimony of faith. Praying this new adventure will be a further reminder of God's goodness and faithfulness in your life ♥

    ReplyDelete