I have been awakened in the
wee hours of the morning (4 am) with my head full of the cares of this world and this
new life I have been forced to face…(or maybe it was the overloaded pizza I had
for dinner last night). At any rate, I am
here and awake with so much on my mind and heart that I am left without the
ability to turn them off and sleep any longer.
I’ve believed for many years
that when we are awakened in the night such as I am now with so much on the
mind and heart that the Lord wants to talk with us and reveal important truths
about Himself to us in these most quiet moments. On this night, I hope He does. Or maybe He wants me to talk to Him. As 1Peter 5:7 says: "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."
This walk through grief is
complicated. It is a path strewn with
messy aspects that cause seemingly successful steps forward into a new life to
be smacked down into a mire so thick that it is difficult to imagine being able
to emerge from its smothering grip whole.
My prayer on this exceptionally dark night is that the Lord will work a
special work in me that I would become more of who He wants me to be in His
Grace and Will; that I would emerge victorious for His Glory; and respond to these new trials as he would want me to according to His Word.
I intend to write a series of blogs regarding different aspects of my life that have brought
me to this place of interrupted sleep and God’s gift of extraordinary Grace and
Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment